Hilti Advanced Layout and Detection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
asenjo

Stationing. Accuracy versus Consistency while Laying out.  is it there a difference? Empty Stationing. Accuracy versus Consistency while Laying out. is it there a difference?

Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:48 am
What does it mean when stationing we do not get to the same point consistently? Is it the accuracy of the tool?
Bradencn
Admin
https://hilti-high-end-tools.forumotion.com

Stationing. Accuracy versus Consistency while Laying out.  is it there a difference? Empty Re: Stationing. Accuracy versus Consistency while Laying out. is it there a difference?

Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:04 am
Hi There,

Stationing is the most important part of using the total station. I think watching This Video will help you understand what the tool is doing when it determines it's N,E,H coordinates on your jobsite.

The tool is trying to find the best coordinate and orientation of itself by using the measured points you give it during control. It will attempt to adjust the measured points you give it to make them match the digital plan as best as possible, and it will tell you how it moves and shifts the points you give it for it to find its most accurate location. I hope this helps.

The tool is extremely accurate, but if we as the user are not giving it perfectly accurate controls, the total station can only be as accurate to those controls. I hope that helps.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum