Hilti Advanced Layout and Detection
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Stickler126

PS 1000 vs. PS 300 Empty PS 1000 vs. PS 300

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:19 pm
Just curious if you could help me understand why I would prefer to use a PS 300 over the PS 1000.
Admin
View user profilehttps://hilti-high-end-tools.forumotion.com

PS 1000 vs. PS 300 Empty Differences between PS 1000 and PS 300

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:24 pm
Here is the simple answer:

The PS 1000 is a ground penetrating radar unit. Meaning, it scans through some sort of homogenous material and the radar bounces back whatever is not that material. The PS 1000 is geared for concrete scanning, particularly. Therefore, if you want a general overview of what is inside a slab of concrete so that if you were to core or demo through it, a PS 1000 is a great option as you get about a 12" depth reading.

The PS 300, on the other hand, is a magnetic induction unit. This is specific for rebar diameter readings and concrete coverage assessments. Therefore, you only use this tool for rebar and coverage analysis. You are limited to only accessing information to the top layer of material and an 8" depth. This is plenty deep for rebar, but for a hit prevention tool, you would want the PS 1000 that can see multi layers and go about twice as deep.

To give a real world example, many engineers are interested in the PS 300 for structural analysis, while I've seen a lot of plumbers that core have a lot of interest in the PS 1000.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum